Terms and Conditions of Hire
The hirer of the halls must comply with the following Terms and Conditions of hire:
1. BOOKING: All booking applications must be in writing on the booking form provided. The person signing this form will be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named in the application the organisation will also be considered the Hirer and shall be jointly and severally liable with the person who signs this form. St Thomas the Apostle RC Church reserves the right to refuse any application.
2. ACCESS: Access will be provided from you starting time. Please note that the Parish Office will closed Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas and Bank Holidays.
3. DEPOSIT: The Hirer will pay a deposit of £150 at the time of booking. This will be returned within 3 days of event ending. The Hirer must leave the hall in a clean and tidy state. Deposit will not be refunded when damage occurs or Hall is left in untidy state.
4. PERMITTED NUMBER OF PEOPLE: The Hirer agrees not to exceed the maximum number of people per room including the organisers/performers. The maximum number of people permitted for:
ST DAMIEN (FRONT) HALL is 200
BACK HALL is 80
The Hirer must ensure that the number of people in the Hall does not exceed the stated capacity.
5. SUPERVISION AND RESPONSIBILTY: The Hirer will during the period of the hiring be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid danger to members of the public and obstruction of public highway.
6. REMOVAL OF FURNITURE: No furniture or items of equipment shall be removed from hall for any reasons. For avoidance of doubt all chairs, tables and items of furniture must remain with the confines of the hall at all times.
7. PARKING: The hire of the premises does not include the use of parking facilities. St Thomas the Apostle RC Church reserves the right to ask for any cars related to this hiring to be removed or prevented from parking on site due to funeral or other concurrent or over lapping activities on site.
8. COMPLETION OF HIRE: At the end of hiring the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed by the authorised representatives and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. Should this not be complied with St Thomas the Apostle RC Church reserves the right to make additional charge, which may be deducted from the deposit paid. All rubbish must placed in black bin bags and placed in the large rubbish containers at the side of the building.
9. CHILD PROTECTION: In the event that the hiring involves the attendance of children and young persons under the age of 18 at the premises, the Hirer confirms that there will be in place an appropriate Child Protection Procedure. The Hirer agrees to ensure that all adults present on premises are aware of this Procedure and abide by it. The Hirer confirms that, when necessary under the terms of the Child Protection Procedure, appropriate Criminal Records Bureau checks will be carried out in respect of persons involved with children and young people on the premises during the course of hiring.
10. EXCLUSIONS: The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purposes other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything to bring on to the premises anything which may endanger the premises or any insurance policies connected with the premises.
11. ALCOHOL: These are not licensed premises and no alcohol can be sold HERE. Drinks are allowed for private and moderate consumption.
12. FOOD HEALTH AND HYGIENE: The Church ensures that the Kitchen is clean and well maintained and where food is served, the hirers are responsible for ensuring that all stages of the preparation and serving of food meet legally required health, hygiene and safety standards. Please Note: A stove and Micro-wave are available to warm food that has already been prepared. Charges may apply if food that is not cooked or raw food is cooked in the Kitchen.
13. SMOKING: The entire premises and grounds are a No Smoking Zone. For safety reasons individuals should Not smoke in front of the building.
14. MUSIC: The Hirer undertakes to satisfy any requirements under performing rights for performing or playing of live or recorded music. Any Hirer who intends to play music or have a live band agrees to inform St Thomas the Apostle RC Church at the time of booking. The Hirer undertakes to ensure that all noise is kept to a level such that the neighbours of the church premises are not unduly disturbed. The Hirer agrees in any event terminate all loud noise on the premises at 10.30pm.
15. PUBLIC SAFETY: The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Magistrate’s Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing, music, other similar public entertainment or stage plays and shall ensure that such events shall not involve the infringement of any copyrights or performing rights.
Litter shall not be left in or about the Church Hall or any part of the Church premises.
Except in the case of trained guide-dogs for the blind, dogs shall not be permitted in the Church Hall.
17. Hirers and organisers of the events in the Church Hall are responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their function(S) is such that it does not cause interference with other activities within the building or inconvenience for occupiers of nearby premises.
18. Where the purpose for which the premises are hired includes dancing, the Hirer shall not cause or allow the maximum number of patrons and/or guests admitted to exceed the number specified on the booking form.
19. EMERGENCIES: In anticipation of an emergency it is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that he/she knows the location of fire extinguishers, fire exists, first aid kits, stopcocks and the nearest hospital.
20. DAMAGE: The Hirer shall indemnify St Thomas the Apostle RC Church for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the surroundings or the contents of the building, which, may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
21. The Hirer shall not interfere in any way with the switchboard, electricity or gas fittings, meter fittings or fixtures on the premises.
22. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the electricity supply is appropriate for any equipment used and that any equipment used will not endanger, overload or damage the electricity supply, circuits, wiring, plugs, sockets, switchboards or other equipment.
23. INSURANCE: The Hirer acknowledges that the loss of any items left unattended is not covered by St Thomas the Apostle RC Church insurance cover (You are advised to arrange your own insurance cover)
24. BETTING, GAMING AND LOTTERIES: Nothing shall be done on or in relation to the Hall in contravention of law relating to betting, gaming and lotteries. Those responsible for functions held in the Church Hall must ensure that the requirements of relevant legislation are strictly observed.
25. CANCELLATION: If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and St Thomas the Apostle RC Church is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of St Thomas the Apostle RC Church.
St Thomas the Apostle RC Church reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the premises being required for funerals or church services or use as a polling station, for a parliamentary or local government election or bye-election in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
26. Even if the Hirer has a regular booking for the hire of the premises, St Thomas the Apostle RC Church reserves the right to renew, vary or cancel any such regular arrangements. This right will not be unreasonable to enforced
27. In the event of the premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use of which it has been hired St Thomas the Apostle RC Church shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
28. ACCESS: The Hirer shall allow any duly authorised officer of St Thomas the Apostle RC Church access to the premises or any part thereof at all times during hiring.
29. No electrical appliance or outlet may be altered, modified or tampered with in any way. Normal projection equipment and PA may be used. NO LARGE SPEAKER BOXES ARE PERMITTED. All electrical equipment used should comply with Electrical Appliance at Work 1989 directive. Small electrical kitchen appliances may be used. The use of other electrical equipment is subject to the permission of the Parish Priest or other designated person. Portable gas appliances or other equipment involving the use of a naked flame is not permitted. An extra charge will be payable for use of Bouncy Castles and equipment which consume additional electricity. Highly flammable substances are not permitted in the Hall.
30. DISABILITIES: If any person in your group have any disabilities then you are responsible for ensuring they have sufficient and suitable assistance whilst using the facilities. Assistance includes, but is not limited to:
• Providing extra audible or signed Emergency Alarm warning.
• Providing assistance if an Emergency evacuation is required through the hall doors.
31. SETTING UP AND USING THE HALL:
• Lift (do not drag) furniture equipment across the floors.
• No nails, tacks, screws, etc shall be driven into any walls, floors, fittings, furniture or structure, or adhesive substances, blue tack, Sellotape, Velcro, gummed paper etc. used on them.
• Ensure no children under the age of 12 are allowed in the kitchen, and none under 16 unless supervised by a responsible adult.
32. PLEASE COMPLETE BEFORE CLOSING:
• Check cooker is switched off.
• Taps, urns etc switched off.
• Rubbish carefully packed in bin liners.
• All perishable food is removed from the premises.
• Chairs and tables stacked in the Hall.
33. GENERAL HALL POLICIES: There are no telephones in the hall. You are required to carry a working mobile phone to enable the emergency services If needed.
• No substances such as bleach, descalers etc to be used. Washing up liquid and hand cleaner are provided.
• No candles may be lit at any time without supervision of a responsible adult.
• First aid facilities are provided in the kitchen and may be used on a self-help basis.
• The assembly point is the front garden and the group leader must report to the senior person that their group has/has not safely vacated the building.
N.B. Accidents can happen and any damage sustained to the premises, its fittings, equipment and furniture must be reported to the office within 24 hours.
(In the instance of damage to gas or electrical appliances/ fittings please notify immediately).
St Thomas the Apostle RC Church is a part of the RC Archdiocese of Southwark, a Registered Charity, Charity Reg, Number 235468
For Bookings involving Children, Young People Under 18 and Vulnerable Adults
Safety of Young Children and Child Protection Statement
No activities or group involving young children under eight years of age will be permitted in the Hall except with the written agreement of the Archdiocese of Southwark, which will require the relevant provisions of the Children Act 1989 together with any conditions that are required by Social Services are complied with before granting permission. It is the responsibility of the organisers of the activities concerned to ensure that only fit and proper persons have access to young children and that such persons shall at all times be in attendance when young Children are on the premises for the activities concerned. It is your responsibility to make appropriate Criminal Records Bureau Checks.
The Hire accepts full responsibility for ensuring that an appropriate Child Protection Procedure is in place and is observed by all persons on the premises involved with Children and young persons under the age of 18 during the course of the event for which the premises have been hired.
The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the supervision and behavior of Children and young persons at all times during the period of the hire. St Thomas the Apostle RC Church is a part of the RC Archdiocese of Southwark, a Registered Charity, Charity Reg, Number 235468
Contact the Booking Officer 07538 759 770 or the Parish Office on 020 7639 3724